Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Alto Dorado
I finished a new song for my new project called "Alto Dorado". The name of the song is "Drive Through New York" and contains samples (properly mangled of course) that I recorded on our trip to New York. I like it a lot. I plan on uploading it soon on mp3.com along with 2 more songs: "Zork I" and "Maxwell's Demon". I'm getting really excited about the music that has been coming out of me lately and I think it's the best I've ever done, but I spent some time listening to my older QY7-0 songs and I liked what I did on them. I have tended to write differently since I've move to Sonar (more samples and loops) than when I used the qy70 exclusively (all midi, little bit of loops and samples). My next song, I'm thinking of trying to something orchestral and keep the zaniness down a bit (not so much out there sounds, etc). I want it to be more movie soundtrack like. I don't know we'll see...=)

For those wondering, the name Alto Dorado comes from the first two machines that ran the Smalltalk VM. I find it to be a tribute to the programming gods at xerox parc for the love they have brought into the world. Also, I plan on using Smalltalk programming a lot more in my music (to make more noises of course!).

No comments: