Tuesday, August 03, 2004

3 Leg Torso

I saw this band while I was at Camp Smalltalk and they literally dropped my jaw! Go check out their web site here. Awesome musicianship, challenging music, and a fun edge makes for an engaging listen. I couldn't wait till I got one of their albums which I got in the mail today and expect the other sometime later this week! They play a blend of classically inspired chamber music mixed with folk music, but that description sounds very bland. The music is very lively and animated. Take the thematic elements of 60's spy soundtracks (no rock, just the mood and suspense) and mix in some of those crazy Raymond Scott-like passages. This stuff is just too incredible. Go check it out yourself. They put on one hell of a show. I was so impressed, but sad at the same time. I only got to see the last 10 minutes of their show, but I'm glad I did! What are you waiting for? GO LISTEN NOW!

No comments: