Saturday, July 29, 2006

I, Coder

Charles Nutter writes an eloquent blog entry "On Coding". I couldn't have said it better about what it means to be a coder.

Code is my religion.
Code is in my blood.
Elegance is not optional.

My heroes are all coders. I'm proud to be part of this journey with many others. So, Charles count me in as one of those with passion. I do this its strange that we are outcasts and people think us strange. But, I love being eccentric. And I love being around others that have the same passion. It's the reason I started all of the user groups and attend conferences. Ideas give me strength. Coding makes me feel alive.

As a side note, I love the term coder too. I hate the terms: "hacker", "geek", and "nerd". Coder to me symbolizes someone with passion about their craft. I can relate to that.

1 comment:

the loop said...

I wrote you an email. Please answer.