Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Favorite Smalltalk is Gone

I am so sad. I come back from seeing one of my favorite artists only to read sad news. I can not express how much I enjoyed working in Dolphin and using it. I was a proud supporter and was always excited to see a new version. This really sucks. Dolphin had the best Smalltalk period. In fact, it's the one I used to get people hooked. It looked modern and was extremely easy to use.

I realize it's hard to make money in the software development tools business. My own business failed as well. I was hoping for Dolphin to stick it out. Good luck to the Dolphin guys. I just want to thank them for all the love they put into the world. Dolphin will always have a special place in my heart. It will be hard to say good-bye.

Well, there's no reason for me to stay with Windows anymore now.

3 comments:

MikeHoss said...

Well, there's no reason for me to stay with Windows anymore now.

I'm glad that one positive thing is coming from it. :)

I've never used Dolphin, but I know how much you liked it. It's hard to find good development tools and it's really sad when a really great one goes away.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What are you about Vista Smalltalk ?

Best regards,
-- Gal Zsolt
( ~ CalmoSoft ~ )
CalmoSoft Home Site
Hungarian Smalltalk Users Group