Friday, June 30, 2006

Practices of an Agile Developer

I just finished reading "Practices of an Agile Developer". It's filled with tons of practical advice. I think it should have been called "Practices of a Good Developer. Period.", but I doesn't have the nice sexy ring to it. It's extremely short and they touch on the topics. It's great if you don't have a lot of time on your hands. I still recommend "Code Complete 2" for more coverage on good practices. But, I loved the "how to work with people" aspect of it which is unusual in technical books, but common in manager texts. The devil/angel quotes were cute and entertaining. It's certainly not a dull moment with lots of excellent analogies (common for the pragmatic programmer series). Anyway, I recommend it and it doesn't take long to read at all.

No comments: