Sunday, June 11, 2006

Upcoming Talks

I almost forgot to post about the talks that I'm giving in the near future. If you're in the Omaha area, please stop by. It's going to be a blast!

June 20,2006 - Reflective Testing In Java
Omaha Java User's Group
This is my talk from Smalltalk Solutions geared toward Java. The idea is the same, but the implementation is different. I will show how JUnit with other technologies can be used for contract enforcement and uncovering design smells. If you have any interest in meta/reflective systems or AspectJ, then this might be the talk for you. The presentation is itself written in Java5/AspectJ using the Eclipse/SWT APIs. Expect the unexpected! Learn how automation in testing can not only verify your code, but your designs as well! Stop code smells before they stink.

July 11, 2006 - Seaside
Omaha Dynamic Language User's Group
My infamous Seaside presentation updated for 2006! Same Smalltalk goodness, but with added more. I plan on adding topics for persistence and Seaside/Javascript integration. See the future of web development. Seaside is unapologetic in many of its stances and it makes for an extremely elegant framework. This is a great talk if you're curious about Smalltalk to see the power of the environment and language.

I hope to see everyone there at BOTH!

No comments: