Saturday, August 05, 2006

My Wife: The quick pick me upper

Last week was a devestating for me personally. I put a lot of energy into something that just wasn't meant to be. It was one of those "if it doensn't kill you, it will make you stronger" moments. I've been hurting all week and my wife knew it. I didn't talk about it much, but I was distant.

So, what does she do? She gave me an empty journal with a mocked up cover of the book I want to write eventually. She knows my ambitions and the cover was gorgeous. It had a lot of funny quotes from various people about my book (of course, they were fake). But, it's exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.

She always knows exactly what to say to me to cheer me up. This gift touched me beyond words. It is the journal I will keep for my ideas on "Balance". She is the person that picks me up when I fall and tells me to push forward. This week has been a failure week and my new journal will be where I write my new successes.

I love my wife. She is the best. I wish everyone had a Michelle in their lives.

I'm reminded of two quotes that keep me going:
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."-Dennis DeYoung
"Good thoughts bear good fruit. Bullshit thoughts rot your meat."-George Clinton

No comments: