Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Fate Is Weird

I said good-bye to Smalltalk earlier this year for what I thought was the last time. Now, by good-bye, I mean no longer working full-time in it. Did you really think that I could ever *NOT DO* Smalltalk? Anyway, I had relegated myself to Java-land with possible probation to Javascriptville or Rubypolis.

Well, I am pleased to announce that I will be returning (once again) to the land of messages and freedom. I can't wait to start. I will be working with some scary smart folks and doing outrageously cool feats of programming acrobatics. And it can only be done in Smalltalk. How lovely.

The railroad was awesome in retrospect and I had a blast. It was short-lived and I wish I could have stayed longer because I was just getting some steam on my project. Oh well, this new opportunity was just too good to pass up. The railroad has some cool aspects that I never thought about and the shipping industry is an interesting domain.

ROCK! Pass the messages and hold the data. I'm back to writing elegant code unhampered by a stuffy old compiler!

No comments: