Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Prefactoring Hate

I was shocked to find developers appalled by Ken Pugh's "Prefactoring" book. In both cases, it's amazing how much they missed the whole point behind the book by focusing on exact definitions. I think it's an excellent book on design and who couldn't use another of those? It seems to me that the XP zealots are the only ones that have a problem with it (look at the comments at Amazon). I remember the Amazon comments when the book came out, but I just ran across the above blog entries. Oh well, each to his own and if you're curious, Read this article by Ken Pugh for more on "Prefactoring". I strongly suggest you read the book. There's too much good advice in there to be ignored. The discussions on abstract data types and collections are awesome.

No comments: