Monday, May 12, 2008

BarCamp KC

I attended and presented at my first BarCamp this weekend. What a blast! I would like to thank Pete for putting on such a wonderful event. I'm always in need to mingle with brilliant folks and BarCampKC had them in spades. I enjoyed the discussions on Ruby, Situated Web Application Platforms, UML, customers, and of course, Seaside. It was well worth the 3 hours to attend and I would do it again in a heartbeat. My only wish is that it had been longer. I'll be making some more blog posts based on discussions had. If anyone has the chance to attend a BarCamp, please do. I know I made several new friends over the weekend.

And what would you know? No sooner that I have unpacked my bags and there's a webpage for BarCampOmaha. You can count me in being there and presenting something. Perhaps this time, I will give my Advanced Javascript talk (ran out of time in KC) or maybe I'll do something completely different. We'll see. I'll be having lots of fun this summer.

No comments: