Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Eclipse Mylar

I'm in love. This is just too gorgeous. I spent the evening playing around with Mylar. I started using it with my work on TimeAndMoney and was quickly impressed. And I haven't even hooked it up to an issue tracking system yet.

Basically, it keeps the context of what you're working on. You create tasks and it pays attention to what you're editing. The cool thing is when you start switching tasks. It switches out the editors to exactly where you were and it creates a custom working set with only the files you were working on (you can also show everything and it greys out the least interesting items). I'm impressed and it works great with Eclipse 3.2. Finally, I have Squeak projects for Java and a whole lot more.

Now, I need to get Bugzilla installed...

No comments: