Tuesday, January 09, 2007

How To Make Sure Your Fans Don't Find You

Change your name for American audiences. One of my favorite bands for a long time has been Die Apokalyptischen Reiter. Imagine my shock and surprise when I saw that they had a new album out called "Riders on the Storm". Imagine how delighted I was that it was excellent. Imagine my dismay when I found out that it wasn't their first album in 6, but 3! What?! They had an album come out in between which I guess they tried to rename themselves only for American audiences. On this album and only in America, they were called "The Apocalyptic Riders". Huh? I've been a fan since their first album and I think it's funny I missed this album because of it. Of course, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter is German for
"Riders of Apocalypse". Why the name change? Oh well, who cares? One of my favorite bands are back and I got two new albums by them this year. I should be happy and I am! I just would have liked to been listening to one of them now for 3 years....I got a lot of time to make up!

No comments: