Sunday, June 19, 2005

Laptop Woos

The saga continues...It seems HP DID NOT FIX MY DEFECTIVE HARD DRIVE. Sorry, for yelling, but I've been through hell with their tech support. So, what am I to do? I went down to Best Buy tonight and they will install a new hard drive in the same day. I'm not going back to HP tech support ever again. In fact, I'm so mad at that company right now that it will take a few years to get my business back if ever. In all honesty, there is not much that they can do to get this customer back. I'm never buying the stupid tax called extended warranty ever again as well. I'll just leave some money in the bank for that purpose. Hopefully, the saga will be over by tomorrow night since Best Buy said that they could have it done in one day. Let's see if they can actually hold up to their promises. And all of this before Smalltalk Solutions! I should thank my lucky stars that it failed again today while Squeaking and not Orlando.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend a ThinkPad for your next machine.

IBM Tech Support has likely put as much money into my machine over the last 3 years (I'm just a month or so from being out of the standard 3 year warranty) as I originally paid for it.

And that's not a knock on the quality of the IBM hardware, it's just due to my abuse (it gets lugged around in a backpack nearly every day).

And you /always/ get next day Airborne. Steps:

Day 1: Call them.
Day 2: The box is at your doorstep. Pack up the laptop and get it to Office Depot before 6:30pm.
Day 3: Arrives at service center in the morning, they fix it, and send it out before 6:30pm.
Day 4: It's back at your door step by noon.

It's frickin awesome.