Friday, September 19, 2003

Java Serialization 0.2 Released

Alright, I broke down last night and moved all of my java serialization code to the DVS system in Squeak. I must admit that it was really easy and it took me every bit of 5 minutes to get everything saved correctly. Why did I make such a fuss over this? Anyway, the mind boggles...So, the new release can read in Java class files now. The writing out of Java objects is still uhm, broken and is still be written. The tests are also still not there. The first thing I'm going to do when I go on vacation is to write all of the tests in a portable fashion. RIght now, all of my tests are in workspace (I know, I know, BAD PROGRAMMER!). I also know SUnit is a butt simple framework and I have no excuse not be using it. I've been using it on my reversi program. So, expect 0.3 to be released sometime in November at the latest with simply the tests written. I'm doing nothing more until some basic tests are in place.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

No comments: